The internet is exponentially growing day-by-day. The amount of content that is produced in one year today is more than that was produced in the entire last century. This also includes millions of websites that we have today. Therefore, managing these websites is a massive task. Luckily, we have platforms that can manage and rank these websites according to their relevance and content. These platforms are called search engines.
Search engines display the list of relevant websites to users looking for them. These search engines have certain rules that the website owners have to follow in order to get their website higher in the rankings. The higher the website ranks, the better it is for the website owner.
Why Is SEO Important?
SEO has never been more important in history as it is today. According to a recent study, there are more than 100 billion searches conducted on Google every month. This vast number of searches is a clear evidence of how important it is to list your website on these platforms.
Below are some of the points that highlight the importance of search engine optimization:
- According to recent studies, the first 5 website links displayed on the search engine page are more likely to get clicked by the user than any of the below ones. Therefore, to attract more traffic to your website, you need to optimize your content according to the search engine that you want to target.
- SEO is not always about the rankings on the search engines. A well-written SEO content can also improve user experience and the website’s usability.
- Your website will look more trustworthy to the users if it’s ranked higher on the search engine rankings. This is because internet users trust all the big search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Therefore, if their users see your website ranked, they are more likely to trust you as well.
- SEO is also a great way to get your website promoted on social media platforms. If people are able to find your website on the front page of their trustworthy search engine, then they will also most likely share it on their social media accounts. This will certainly give your website a popularity boost as social media platforms are humongous nowadays.
- SEO can also help you defeat your competition in sales and services. If you are competing with a company that offers the exact same products and services as you do, then the only way to beat them is through a proper SEO strategy. By ranking higher on the search engines, you will get more traffic, which will certainly increase the conversions as well.
SEO is the only way to succeed if you are a website owner looking to generate traffic. Sure, there are other approaches as well to target your audience. However, in order to be the best among your competition, you need to make sure that your website is listed on search engines and is properly optimized.